In the world of essential oils, it can be overwhelming for someone new to the forum. Heck, it can be overwhelming for a Certified Aromatherapist!!! 🙂 There are literally hundreds of oils available. And all the oils have their own unique benefits. It can take a lot of time to research this information. And let’s be honest, time is not something most of us have an abundance of. So I’m going to give you some breakdowns on where to begin. And I figured the best way to kick this off is by providing the top 7 oils that I think are great to have on hand for all newbies to the essential oil game.
Listen – I know – there are so many oils available. And there are going to be so many other opinions out there on what you should start with. This is just my thoughts on it. What I think is a pretty rounded collection to cover most needs. Essential oils can be pricey to purchase a lot at once. So with the basic building blocks, you can slowly add to your collection for any specific oils you want or needs you are looking to address. Let’s get into it.
1. Lavender – THE super oil. Analgesic, Anti-inflammatory, antiallergenic, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-rheumatic, antispasmodic, CNS sedative, skin healing, tonic, wound healing.
2. Tea Tree – Antimicrobial, Analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antispasmodic, antiviral, expectorant
3. Patchouli – “hippy oil” & one of my favs – Analgesic, antibacterial, antifungal, antidepressant, antispasmodic, CNS sedative, cooling, skin healing.
4. Eucalyptus – Analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant, antispasmodic, antiviral, astringent, expectorant, mucolytic
5. Sweet Orange – Analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antidepressant, antioxidant, antiviral, Astrid, diuretic, sedative, tonic.
6. Lemon – Analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antidepressant, antioxidant, antispasmodic, antiviral, astringent, diuretic.
7. Peppermint – Analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiemetic, antifungal, antioxidant, antispasmodic, antiviral, decongestant, CNS stimulant, expectorant.
These 7 oils will get you started on your essential oil journey.
I know I provided a bunch of terms some may not be familiar with and that your not sure what to do from here. I promise that more info is on the way! For now, the easiest method would be to diffuse the oils. I’m putting together a form with uses and recipes. I’ll post it soon.
Would you like to have all of these listed in a nice printout form? Guess what? I made one for you! Click here to access the PDF.
💜 Much Aromalove
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. My products and posts are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent diseases. They are not a replacement for doctor prescribed treatment and medication. Not intended for use on small children unless otherwise noted. If you are pregnant, nursing or under the care of a physician for chronic issues, please consult them prior to trying any essential oil products. All products/recommendations are for external use only.
Subscribe to our mailing list
* indicates required
Email Address *